Junk Free June Week 1 | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Junk Free June Week 1

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Junk Free June Week 1

I know that this post is a little late, and for that I am sorry. It is currently the end of the semester and I have so much stuff to finish and then exams to study for :( so I am really, really sorry.

Junk Free June is a great cause, raising money for the Cancer Society and helping me eat healthier and make wiser choices when it comes to food. The first week didn't go as planned. I thought that I would be feeling great, happy and healthy but this is not the case. I feel sluggish and as if I have less energy.
IMG 5362 Copy
Image: Junk Free June

This may be to do with the fact that it is a bit of a drastic change in my diet and my body is not used to eating this healthy.

I really did have to push through by the end of the week as I was starting to crave sugar and some foods that I didn't know had sugar in them that I really wanted. In all this has really helped me to pay more attention to the food that I eat and what they could be doing to my body.

This week I have decided to start doing a little bit of exercise as well, to see if this will help me gain energy. As well as being a perfect time to start a health kick.

But as for the way that my body is responding to eating healthier, I am pleased to report that in a week I have lost 2kg. Something that I have been struggling with for a while. So that makes it a lot easier to head into week 2 of Junk Free June.

You can support me here.

How do you stay healthy? Are you doing Junk Free June? Have you done something similar?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I've been trying to eat better too and it is hard! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete