What to Have In Your Bag at College | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: What to Have In Your Bag at College

Friday, February 27, 2015

What to Have In Your Bag at College

Hi all,

this is the second post in my College Blog Series. Today I am going to share with you what I have in my bag. These things are essential for everyday and for College.

 This is my bag, I got it for Christmas from my parents. It holds my 15" laptop, so it is absolutely perfect for College. The bag itself is from Forever New, and is unfortunately no longer available. No wonder why it is super cute. But they have similar here.
 It even has polka dot lining (jumps up and down in place). So in case you didn't notice anything with polka dots is amazing in my opinion (hello my blog is even called polka dots and rainy days...).
Inside my bag I carry the essentials as well as other College related items. I don't take my laptop with me everyday but it has its own velvet lined compartment. So starting from the top right corner and working clockwise I have:

Notebook:
 I have one of these for each of my classes (four in total), so in a day I only take the ones that I have that day, unless I am going to the library to study. This notebook is from Typo. It has a great space for holding A4 sized papers such as handouts and the syllabus. There are 120 lined pages, the perfect amount for note-taking.

Planner:  
I have already share a little bit about this planner, but I absolutely love the Kikki. K cute diary. It is just the perfect size for keeping track of assignments and social events as well as being able to carry it around in your bag.

Pen Case: 
 A pen case is a handy way of making sure that all your highlighters, pens and pencils stay in one place (not the bottom of your bag). I made this pen case after stumbling across the simple tutorial here.

Sunglasses: 
It is currently summer-time here so sunglasses are a must. But for most of the year I keep them in my bag just for the odd day that it is sunny, or for when I am traveling home in the evening into the sun.

Drink Bottle:
 A necessity for long hot days at College. Keeps you hydrate and more focused in class, as well as being super good for your complexion.

Muesli Bar:
 I always keep a muesli bar in my bag, just in case I get hungry in class (happens pretty often). Sometimes depending on how many classes I also pack lunch (normally just a sandwich) therefore you can concentrate on the lecture and not your growling stomach.

Wallet:
 It is always a good idea to keep your wallet with you at College, for things like your license, your I.D. and spare change for a coffee or a bus fare home. Similar bought here.

Umbrella:
I always keep a small umbrella in my bag. It is a long walk between some of my classes and it isn't under-cover so I am always prepared (I just don't like sitting in wet clothes).

Make-up Bag:
I keep a small bag of make-up necessities with me at all times, so things like lip balm, lipstick, concealer, foundation, sunscreen, nail file and a mirror all live in this cute little make-up bag.

What do you keep in your bag for College? Is there anything that you like to always have with you?

3 comments:

  1. The bag is super cute. You had some good ideas. I will be going back to school soon and will definitely use some of your ideas for my bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bag setup is brilliant ! I'm starting college in the summer and I'm definitely going to use this post as a guide! Imali from www.pumpkinsandplanners.co.uk

    ReplyDelete