Winter Gear Organization | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Winter Gear Organization

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Winter Gear Organization

It's no secret that I love organizing. I love having a place for everything and making my day so much simpler and faster. However I recently stumbled over a problem. Half of one of my drawers were being taken up with gloves, hats, scarves and everything else that comes with winter. So I set out to solve this little problem.

Now I feel that it should be said that I don't live in the coldest place. It snows maybe once a year, a few frosts but generally is not the freezing cold place that you think that it would be. Leave that for the central south island were the lowest recorded temperature is something like -26c (-14.8f) in 1903 In Ranfurly or -21.6c (-6.88f) in 1995 in Ophir, that's what I would call cold.

Moving on... I quickly thought of ideas for where I could store my winter gear, and after a few pinterest searches decided on a wire basket that I could put at the bottom of my wardrobe.

You think that this would be simple enough, but I live in New Zealand, I see things online then start to see them pop up in shops anywhere from 6 months later to never.
 

After searching high and low for a basket that was the right size and shape for the space and that also suited my budget (I ain't gonna pay $50 for a place to store things that I hardly use in), I almost gave up when after looking in Kmart I saw a few items that would seem like I might find one in there, but no... So I went home and looked up the Australian Kmart website because we always get the same products and lo and behold there it was a blue wire basket for $12.

Of course I had to wait about a week before it was in-store here but it was worth it. It was the perfect shape and when I got home I quickly filled it up and felt super happy.

How do you organize your winter gear? Does it get cold where you are from? Does it snow where you live (I like snow!)?

2 comments:

  1. Love that idea! I had my hats and gloves in a similar sort of basket on my bookshelf up until recently! Here in New York, it's only cold for a quarter or so of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that New York can get really cold. It's just starting to get cold here now, although apparently this winter will be super cold. I don't mind though I like winter. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete