5 Tips to Help with End of Semester Motivation | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: 5 Tips to Help with End of Semester Motivation

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

5 Tips to Help with End of Semester Motivation


 Finding the motivation to do anything is a push for most college students, but add in the stress of the end of semester and impending exams it makes it so much harder to push through and get things done.

I have been struggling with finding motivation to finish my last few assignments. Something that is so unlike me, I am usually the one who starts things three weeks early. So I thought that I would share with you some helpful hints on how to find motivation and achieve whatever you set out to achieve.

1. Organize:
My best advice for you is to make a schedule, whether it be a study schedule or just a schedule for the day it really does help. I made a study schedule that maps out the exact times that I am going to study. I then printed this off and stuck it on my wall above my calendar with some washi tape.

2. Break it Down:
After I have made the general schedule I break every single task down and write what I need to get done, when I will start and when I will finish. I like to allow only 30 minutes for each task and I will come back to it if I don't get it finished. This means that I stay focused on that task and before I have time to drift off I can move on to the next thing.

3. Procrastinate Productively:
If I do start to lose focus I will find something productive to do, so instead of wasting time scrolling through Pinterest (let's be honest this still happens...) I will clean, tidy my desk, grab a drink or a healthy snack, go for a walk outside or make a schedule for the things that I need to do tomorrow. By doing something that you ultimately need to do when you can't focus means that you aren't wasting time.

4. Have Everything at your Fingertips:
I like to have everything that I am going to be working on right next to me. This saves time when I am switching between tasks as I am quickly able to find what I am doing and start quickly.

5. Cross it Off:
Once I have finished a task I like to cross it off and write the time that I finished it by next to it. This is extremely handy for me to realize how long it takes to do certain things and also promotes a sense of achievement as I can see at the end of the day how much I achieved.   

How do you find motivation? Are there any special ways that you like to plan out your study? Do you have anywhere special that you like to study?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment