New Bookshelf | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: New Bookshelf

Friday, January 23, 2015

New Bookshelf

Hello,

I shared my desk last week and I mentioned that I have recently brought a new bookshelf. I am now going to share with you how I styled it (note, it is not completely finished, I still want to buy a new binder and storage box).
 The bookshelf was from Mitre 10 Mega (and seems to be a one and only). I have been looking for a 4 tier cube bookshelf for quite some time and found this one when I went in to look at another that I thought I would have to settle for (ironic much). I wanted somewhere to put my storage box, more on that later this week.

The top shelf holds my planner, the book I am currently reading which can be bought here as well as a room diffuser, a vintage glass and silver vanity jar and a cut glass perfume bottle. The books are also held up by some bookends that I made. Pattern can be found here.
 The second shelf holds my A4 storage box from Kikki. K as well as the binder that I use to organize all of my current college handouts (I want to buy this one so that it matches the box). The elephant was a gift from my grandparents for my 18th birthday.
 The third shelf holds my college notebooks, my pens and my budget book, as well as my receipt book. These books are great and so simply for me to use when handling my finances. The rabbit is called Pinky and I have had it for years...
 The bottom shelf has a drawer which holds my text books from last year as well as other little bits and bobs. Which I of course labelled with my label maker.
 Here is a look at the whole thing, sorry it is a little hard to photograph because my bedside table is in the way.
How do you style your bookshelves? Do you like having a lot of things on display?

No comments:

Post a Comment