Make Up Organizing | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Make Up Organizing

Friday, January 30, 2015

Make Up Organizing

I love make-up as much as the next person, but trying to keep it all tidy and organized is just plain annoying. A few months ago I purchased some plastic trays to store all of my different products in and well just like any other organization project, it didn't work out the first time. So I was sick of looking at the mess so I decided to do something about it.

 
 This system started out alright because everything had a place, but then of course I bought more make-up and there was no "home" for it, so it then morphed into this picture above. See what I mean, everything ended up all over the place.
There were brushes, deodorants, lip glosses, hair clips and hair ties everywhere. I had to sort through half of it just to grab my moisturizer or just to find anything. These trays had once started out as being one for face (big tray on right), one for brushes and eyes (long tray in middle), one for lips and eyeshadows (small tray closer to front) and the other for tools, such as my eyelash curler (smaller tray closer to back).
   So I tipped all of the contents out and re-sorted them into these categories, while going through and throwing out any old or unused item. I then cleaned and dried the trays and placed them back into the drawer. I then placed all of my make-up back into the trays in their categories, making sure to fit them all in nicely.
So now I can see and easily access my make-up without having to hunt for things. So much better don't you think.

How do you organize your make-up? Are there any specific ways you like to store it?



4 comments:

  1. I love using little baskets and bins in drawers for organizing! And categorizing everything makes is so much easier because you give that item a home! Awesome project! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using organizers inside drawers it makes it so much easier to see and keep it tidy.

      Delete
  2. I typically keep my makeup stored in makeup cases. I like the little organizing pockets, the slots for my brushes and how compact it is. I never store my makeup in the bathroom and I have very little space in my linen closet where I also keep my beauty/hair supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use little makeup cases too, they are so handy to keep in your bag and can hold all the little things that you need for quick touch ups. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete