School Computer File Organization | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: School Computer File Organization

Friday, March 27, 2015

School Computer File Organization

Staying on track of assignments, making sure they are handed in on time and nothing is left out is really really important. So I am focusing today's College Series post on Computer File Organization.

I find organizing my computer files really fun (does this make me really weird?) it is so easy to save things in their proper place and then when you come to needing them again you can find them really easily. Now I have a laptop running Windows 8.1 so this will mainly apply to those of you with similar laptops or computers, but you can use my advice from this post and use a similar system with other operating systems.

It is getting to the middle of the semester here, which means a lot of assignments due before we break up for Easter (it has gone really fast...), so having designated folders for classes and assignments is just a little thing that I find saves so much time.

 First of all I have a Uni folder on my desktop, because my semesters run March to June, and July to October I arrange the folders inside this by year, you could label them as 14/15, depending on where you live.
 Then inside these folders I label two folders "Semester 1" and "Semester 2", this way I can easily locate the things that are relevant to what I am doing at the moment.
Inside these semester folders I have a folder for each class, I only take four classes at a time so I just label these by the course code.
Finally inside the class folders I have sub-folders for each assignment and lecture slides as well as the other things that may be relevant to that course that I feel I should keep.

How do you organize your school computer files? Are there any organizing ways that help your stay super organized all semester?

No comments:

Post a Comment