Under Bed Storage | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Under Bed Storage

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Under Bed Storage

Hi all, Today I am going to share the be all and end all of my organizing, Under-Bed Storage. This is the best way that I have found to use all the space in your home without feeling cluttered. The space underneath a bed is somewhat wasted space, that is until I thought about how to maximise this space considering I have a small bedroom.

 This is my room, or part of it anyway. Most of it I have shown you but I realized that I have not shown you my bed, so here it is. The duvet is from Bed, Bath 'n' Table and the cushion at the front I made myself.
 Underneath I have two boxes, on with manuals, warranties and old mobile phones, the other with hair accessories. These are just two old shoe boxes that I labeled with my label maker. No need to cover them in paper as they are hidden under my bed.
 I also have this Sistema Storage Box. I especially like Sistema's products as they are hardy and well they are made in New Zealand (Yay!!). You can find a full list of where their products are stocked here. This box is in their storage range, and are really great because it fits perfectly under most beds, as well as being able to open with only undoing one clip because they have a hinged lid. If you wanted you can also buy storage containers that fit perfectly inside to hold little bits and pieces, which are great for art and toy storage under kids beds.
In this box I store folders, purses, toys, photo albums and just general things that I want to keep but have nowhere else to put.

Do you store stuff underneath your beds? Are you enjoying the Cricket World Cup like me?

3 comments:

  1. I definitely make use of my under bed space! I have my gift closet here where in a smilier container, just a little longer and I store my seasonal bags (like luggage bags and beach bags) in a container just like yours. Out of the way but still there when I need it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just such a great place to store things, otherwise it can become a wasted space.

      Delete
  2. I use any space I can and that includes under the bed! I really need to invest in new storage containers! Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete