Bedroom Decor | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Bedroom Decor

Friday, February 13, 2015

Bedroom Decor

Hello,

I am currently in the process of redecorating my bedroom, I had decided that it was time for an upgrade to a more sophisticated look. I started of by buying a new desk, and bookshelf as well as repainting my room in Resene Half Surrender. A big change from the childish lilac that it was before.

A few weeks ago I showed you my re-organized make-up drawer and today I will show you the rest of my vanity table, my dresser and my end table. So lets get started.

This is my end table which I tend to keep tidy as I am just like that, however the drawers are a different story and I will get to them very soon. I also have my lamp which matches my pendant. I also have a candle, which is just a french vanilla glade candle as well as my alarm clock.
 As you can see I like to keep a couple of my favorite books in my room, these are Wuthering Heights and The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
 I also like to keep my moisturizer, eye cream, hand cream and lip balm for easy reach for my nightly routine. This reminds me to use them.
 The pulley that you can see is for the window above my bed, the handle part is actually one of the supports from my parents wedding cake.

 Next is my dresser, this is the matching set to my bedhead that did not actually come as a set. I have had the headboard since I was little and wanted the set to match, so after scouring lots of auctions on Trademe I found the perfect set. On my dresser I have my Jewellery Box, I was given this for Christmas about four years ago.

 On my dresser I have a vase of sweet pea's, because I like having fresh flowers in my room (although I can't afford to buy them, so the sweet peas are actually from our garden). 
 I also have another stack of books, this time my favorite series, and on top of them sits two trinket boxes one with little treasures that I want to keep and the other with hair-ties and clips The mirror was a gift and it sits at the back.
 I haven't yet decided what I am going to do with my vanity table, but I bought a silver tray for $5 at an op-shop which now holds my perfumes. The rest of the space is still waiting for something to fill it up, maybe I could move my make-up out and have my brushes in a pretty cup or I could pretty it up with flowers or even a plant. Who knows...

 My favorite perfumes fit amazingly on this cheap silver tray. Just what to do with the rest of the space...

I hope you are all enjoying the Cricket World Cup, which is being played right now here in my home town. So nice to see big events returning to the city.

What do you have on your Vanity/Dressing table? What do you think I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment